January 22, 2010

Beautiful Fictions - International Symposium in Toronto

Beautiful Fictions
International Symposium

Saturday, January 23, 2010, 10 AM – 4 PM
Baillie Court, Art Gallery of Ontario

Dan Adler I Geneviève Cadieux I Axel Hütte I Karen Irvine I Nicolaus Schafhausen I Lorna Simpson I Michael Snow

Engage with some of the world’s most influential artists working with photography today. Explore how the transition from darkroom to digital has changed both the nature and status of photography and our relationship to the physical world.

Artists will discuss their work in dialogue with leading curators and theorists.

This is the first in a series of three photography events at the AGO. Watch for dates in February for talks by Jeff Wall and Thomas Ruff.

AGO Members $40
General Public $50 | Students $25

www.ago.net/symposium